Wednesday, March 16, 2011

440th day of the Tens

I was a pioneer from a very young age. Climbing my mother's mountains. The Peaks. Across the penine way, I play music, with me best friends, Benjamin and Matthew. My little brother is called Simon. He was always astonished. Every time he fell in the water, the first time was fishing. He cast his line for a bite. Twotting, he was. Something pulled him. In fact, in fact, he was just excited about being carried away by a fish. He rose up from the water, astonished, no fished. Just surprise that he'd bobbed up. We were astonished! At the expression on his face, we observed how he trod the water, even such at such a young age, without swimming a lesson, he was swimming. We pulled him out immediately and he lived to swim another day. The next summer, he fell in the sea! Simon, my little brother, my favourite son. And also, Benjamin. Played for the Latics, against the likes of other players. Lost 5-1. Best game he ever had had. And what of our Ruth. She stayed away from the water, playing with fire, blowing hot air into the aether. I've had her, Ruth Alison Clemens, that is. And what of my dad, the name that shall not be known. His colleagues, know him as Alan George Lomas. The best in the business. And what of Ami, my mother, always a Qavanagh, the best journalist, a true woman of the agency of the letter. Her colleagues know her as Christine Anne, the best psychologist in the business for causing them a host of problems. And our neighbours, how they despised us, until they had lived with us, and made us what we always were.
Yours Truly,
Matthew Peter Lomas.
Shemiy Eliyahu Nataniyel ben James.
Simon Bar-Jonah, Simon John Lomas.
Benjamin James Lomas
Alan George Lomas
Christine Ann Lomas
Ruth Alison Clemens
And to the rest of them, if they've met me, Sarai, and him,
Yeshuah Immanuel ben Yosef.

No comments:

Post a Comment